- Session I: “Modern agriculture and rural development (including landscape planning)”
- Session II: “Renewable resources – possibilities and constraints (including forests and biotechnology)”
- Session III: “Sustainable food systems and quality”
- Session IV: “Environmental safety and climate change”
- Session V: “Agricultural engineering” (in cooperation with ATAE, implementing a new partnership into the CASEE conferences)
- Poster Session
- “Experimental Farm Network (EFNet) Workshop”
Chair: Prof. Dr hab. Marek Szyndel
There were two “Poster sessions” at the 8th CASEE Conference One o Monday, May 15th, 16:00-18.00 in Cristal Hall first floor building 9 and the second on Tuesday May 16th, between 10:30-11.00. During the two days altogether 27 presentations were held (including a 5-minutes poster presentation done by Prof. Peter Cepuder from BOKU concerning BOKU’s “Lysimeter Research Group”). Presenters came from 10 countries: Romania, Croatia, Albania, France, Italy, Estonia, Switzerland, Pakistan and Austria. There were general rules for the presentation: 5 minutes for each poster presentation: 3 minutes talk and 2 minutes discussion.
1st session: MODERN AGRICULTURE AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT – 2+1 posters
2nd session: RENEWABLE ENERGY - POSSIBILITIES AND CONSTRAINTS - 1 poster
3rd session: SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS AND QUALITY - 19 posters
4th session: ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY AND CLIMATE CHANGE - 2 posters
5th session: AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING (ATAE) - 2 posters
The presented range of subjects was very wide. We started with genetic analysis of genes and finished with using satellite for the delineation of the forest management units. There were presented many aspects of food production, human and animal health and nutrition, general plant production with specific horticultural technologies, organic production, plant protection including plant virology and entomology as well as mathematical models for the technological procedures etc.. During the sessions we had a lot of visitors not just authors of posters. All presenters had very good command of English and presentation skills. It can be summarized, that the sessions were very successful.