CASEE Call for abstracts - submission deadline January 31!
The CASEE Board and the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest warmly invite all staff members and PhD students from CASEE universities to submit an abstract oral/ poster presentation for the 9th CASEE Conference "Research based education at life science universities in the Danube region towards a sustainable future" (6 to 9 June 2018).
LAST CHANCE! Deadline for the online submission: January 31, 2018
The 9th CASEE Conference subtopics are:
a. Modern agriculture and rural development (including landscape planning)
b. Renewable resources – possibilities and constraints (including forests and biotechnology)
c. Sustainable food systems and quality
d. Environmental safety and climate change
e. Agricultural engineering (ATAE)
f. New challenges in animal science and veterinary medicine
from October 10, 2017 to January 31, 2018 (extended submission deadline). Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted!
All staff members from CASEE universities and colleagues from other research institutions in CASEE countries are invited to submit an abstract by 31 January 2018 (extended submission deadline). A submission until 15 April 2018 will allow for a publication in the next issues of the mentioned journals. Papers selected for oral presentations can be submitted for review according to the author guidelines of the following journals (incl. of other journals is possible after consultation with the CASEE Secretariat. There is no guarantee for publication in the journals listed):
- Agronomy: Scientific Papers. Series A. Agronomy
- Horticulture: Scientific Papers. Series B. Horticulture
- Animal Science: Scientific Papers. Series D. Animal Science
- Veterinary Medicine: Scientific works. Series C. Veterinary Medicine
- Land Reclamation, Earth Observation&Surveying, Environmental Engineering: Scientific Papers. Series E. Land Reclamation, Earth Observation & Surveying, Environmental Engineering
- Biotechnology: Scientific Bulletin "Biotechnology", Series F. Biotechnology
- Management and Economics in Rural Areas: Scientific Papers Series G. Management, Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural Development,
- Die Bodenkultur
Special information for PhD students
PhD students from CASEE universities are especially invited to submit an abstract for a poster or oral presentation on their thesis topic related to the general topic by January 31, 2018 (extended submission deadline). Up to 20 PhD students with full papers accepted by the conference will be exempt from the conference fee.
Instructions for preparation of abstracts
• Abstracts and papers/posters must be written in English.
• Abstracts should contain the aim of the paper/poster, essential results and a brief conclusion. If only abstracts are submitted, the authors are advised not to make them too short or too general (1500 – 3500 characters, including spaces).
• 3-5 keywords should be written added, separated by commas.
• Abstracts should not contain tables, graphs, drawings, etc.
The abstracts of all oral presentations and posters will be published in a Book of Abstracts.
Deadline for full paper submission:
- 15 April 2018 (paper published in the next issues of the mentioned journals)