Project Archive - Winter school 2016
Winter school: Biotechnology and Food Sciences 2016
Organizing of winter school is for students of International Joint Degree Master Programme "Sustainability in Agriculture, Food Production and Food Technology in the Danube Region" - Danube AgriFood Master. Topic of this study is understanding the intercultural and regional aspects of sustainable agriculture and food technology is crucial in finding viable pathways to long-term success in Central and Eastern European agriculture. This joint master programme will give the students the possibility to improve their knowledge and grow their skill-set regarding the intercultural and social aspects, anthropic landscape and natural resources - related to sustainability in agriculture and the food industry in the Danube region.
The main focus of the programme will be on self-development in a multicultural European region. At the end Winter School, students should be able to identify some of their own culturally-biased assumptions and behaviour, and begin to objectively address the benefits of EU multiculturalism for regional agriculture and food industry.
Project timeline: February 2015 - 2016
CASEE members involved:
- University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture, Zagreb, Croatia
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU), Austria
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
- Corvinus University of Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
- Szent Istvan University, Gödöllő, Hungary
- The Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Nitra, Slovakia
- University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Banat University Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Timişoara, Romania
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland